The City of Virginia Parks and Recreation Department operates three warming houses at selected outdoor skating rinks throughout the winter season. They will be open the end of December through the end of February, weather permitting.
The outdoor skating rinks will close during extreme weather.
Public Skating/Hockey Rinks with Warming Houses
Jefferson Rink (Northside) 700 Block, 14th Street North
Midway Rink , 14 Taconite Drive
Ridgewood Rink, 1992 12th Avenue South
Warming House Hours
Week Days/School Days 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Weekends 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Public Skating Policies and Procedures
Please follow all direction from rink attendants and City of Virginia staff.
- Rink attendant staff is responsible for safe skating conditions and will make the final decision, relative to safety considerations.
- Rink will be closed when two inches or more of snow, or when the temperature drops to zero degrees or below including wind chill.
- No smoking or alcohol allowed.
- No horseplay.
- Hockey players must wear helmets/face shields.
- No Loitering.
- All injuries and/or incidents must be reported to the rink attendant immediately.
- In case of emergency, please dial 911
- Report all accidents and injuries to staff immediately.
- Skate at a sensible and safe speed in the same direction as other skaters.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times while on park property, and dogs are NOT allowed inside the park shelters.
- No smoking or Tobacco use is allowed in the City Parks by city ordinance.
- Sale of food, beverages, and other miscellaneous items are prohibited on park property without a permit and concession license granted by the City.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages anywhere on park property is prohibited by city ordinance.
- Carrying children while on the ice surface (including baby carriers).
- Refrain from throwing snow and ice.
- Sleds, strollers, pylons and other obstructions are not permitted on the ice surface.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Park & Recreation Department at (218) 748-7506 or email email@example.com