Mission, Values & Vision
The mission of the Virginia Fire Department is to provide fire protection, suppression and rescue services to the citizens of Virginia and to communities and organizations that have mutual aid agreements with the City of Virginia and its Fire Department. In addition, the Virginia Fire Department shall provide advanced life support ambulance service to the area specified in the license and to areas where the City of Virginia has mutual aid agreements. It is our goal as Fire Department team members to keep our work skills sharp, vehicles and tools of our trade maintained and our bodies and minds fit for the tasks we may encounter. The Virginia Fire Department members will strive to accomplish these duties in a safe, compassionate and professional manner.
Honesty …in both our leadership and our employees, resulting in the highest level of trustworthiness.
Integrity …in our dealings with each other and those we serve, always adhering to a sound code of moral and ethical conduct.
Teamwork …as we believe that availing ourselves of each person’s talent enhances the services we deliver and that cooperation improves our relationships.
Commitment to Excellence …demonstrating itself through consistent professionalism, pride, and a positive attitude.
Health & Safety …as we believe health and safety are essential to fulfilling our mission. We are committed to providing quality health and safety programs to ensure operational readiness and personal well-being.
Knowledge …as it forms the foundation for effective decisions, actions, and increased safety.
Respect …for each person as an individual, an attitude that recognizes the worth of others and exhibits compassion for those in need.
The Members of the Virginia Fire Department…
* Strive to be role models in the community and leaders in our profession.
* Will be accountable to those we serve, each other and any fire service organizations we interact with.
* Are committed to providing the best public service through innovative training, education and equipment.
* Will take the fire department into the future through productive teamwork, open and honest communications, and participative decision-making throughout the organization.
* Are committed to our values, mission, and dedicated to our fire service profession. Our organization is driven to provide a cost effective and efficient fire department while honoring our values, accomplishing our mission, and achieving our goals.