Notices of Street Closures-Detours
Please follow all detours as signed and watch for workers in construction zones
Construction season is once again upon us.
The City of Virginia will be reconditioning/resurfacing the following streets this summer:
• 12th Avenue West – between West Chestnut Street and approximately 300 feet south of 3rd Street South
• 13th Street South – between 7th Avenue West and 6th Avenue West.
The preconstruction meeting was held this past Monday at Virginia City Hall. The Contractor provided a schedule as follows (weather permitting):
• Mobilization, prep work – Wednesday/Thursday, June 28/29, 2017
• Milling (removing) existing pavement – Friday, June 30, 2017
• Pave leveling course – Friday/Saturday, June 30/July 1, 2017
• Pave final wear course – Saturday July 1, 2017 (tentative). If unable to pave on July 1, they intend to pave on Wednesday, July 5, 2017.
• Final striping – approximately 10 days following final bituminous pavement.
Access & Working Hours
Access will be maintained to residences and businesses during the construction. The Contractor intends to utilize flaggers and not entirely close the roads. There may be short-term access closures as construction progresses. Working hours will typically be from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The Contractor will be posting the streets for “no parking” for the duration of the construction. Please make arrangements for alternate parking during these time periods.