Virginia Economic Development Authority
The City of Virginia has two (2) vacant seats on its seven member Virginia Economic Development Authority. Applications are being accepted until January 23, 2017
The Virginia Economic Development Authority or VEDA is a seven-member Board of Directors in which two must be members of the City Council and five non-council members. Non-council members of the board shall have one of the following qualifications:
1) Reside in the City of Virginia OR
2) Employed within the general Virginia business area OR
3) Own property in the City of Virginia.
VEDA’S MISSION STATEMENT
- Encourage economic development and redevelopment in and around the City of Virginia so as to establish diversification of business and industry, concentrate on creation and expansion of jobs, create a more stable job base and, by so doing, increase the City tax base.
- nvolvement in any activity that will broaden the City’s physical attractiveness, cultural growth, recreational capacities, and anything else deemed to be in the best interests of the health, safety, prosperity and general welfare of the citizens of the City.
- Work with neighboring cities to enhance the entire area’s economic strength and wellbeing.
MEETING DATES/TIMESMeeting are held on the first Thursday of each month at 8:00 a.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers
CLICK HERE for an application to be on the VEDA Board
For more information about VEDA or one of the other City Commissions, please contact Pamela LaBine, City Clerk at (218) 748-7500 or visit www.virginiamn.us