OUTDOOR RINKS ARE CLOSED FOR SEASON 3-5-21
The City of Virginia Parks and Recreation Department operates three warming houses at selected outdoor skating rinks throughout the winter season. They will be open the end of December through the end of February, weather permitting.
Public Skating/Hockey Rinks with Warming Houses
Jefferson Rink (Northside) 700 Block, 14th Street North
Midway Rink , 14 Taconite Drive
Ridgewood Rink, 1992 12th Avenue South
Warming House Hours
Public Skating Policies and Procedures
Please follow all direction from rink attendants and City of Virginia staff.
- Rink attendant staff is responsible for safe skating conditions and will make the final decision, relative to safety considerations.
- Rink will be closed when two inches or more of snow, or when the temperature drops to zero degrees or below including wind chill.
- No smoking or alcohol allowed.
- No horseplay.
- Hockey players must wear helmets/face shields.
- No Loitering.
- All injuries and/or incidents must be reported to the rink attendant immediately.
- In case of emergency, please dial 911
- Report all accidents and injuries to staff immediately.
- Skate at a sensible and safe speed in the same direction as other skaters.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times while on park property, and dogs are NOT allowed inside the park shelters.
- No smoking or Tobacco use is allowed in the City Parks by city ordinance.
- Sale of food, beverages, and other miscellaneous items are prohibited on park property without a permit and concession license granted by the City.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages anywhere on park property is prohibited by city ordinance.
- Carrying children while on the ice surface (including baby carriers).
- Refrain from throwing snow and ice.
- Sleds, strollers, pylons and other obstructions are not permitted on the ice surface.
COVID-19 Warming Shack Protocols
- During the hours of warming house operation and when it is apparent to the Rink Attendant that the occupancy exceed the set number of persons (set per shack); occupancy by all visitors shall be limited to a time duration as reasonably necessary to put on skating / outdoor gear and /or to warm -up – but not exceeding 15 minutes. The Rink Attendant shall monitor and establish a reasonable rotation if necessary.
- Jefferson Rink 7 individuals
- Midway Rink 5 individuals
- Ridgewood Rink 10 individuals
- All staff and visitors to the warming houses must wear a face mask.
- At all times proper six (6) foot social distancing shall remain in effect for all interior warming house areas including restrooms.
- No one should enter the warming houses if they are feeling ill.
- Park Shelters/ warming house, high touch areas and restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected during each shift. Trash will be removed on a daily basis.
- All persons who are at risk of severe illness from COVID-19, as defined by Executive Order 20-55, are strongly urged to stay at home or in their place of residence and follow the provisions of Executive Order 20-55.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Park & Recreation Department at (218) 748-7506 or email email@example.com